Education:Bachelor's Degree in Web Technology.
Certificate in Social Media for Business
Certificate in Startup Engineer (Stanford Coursera)
Web Work:Build websites & program applications, web technology consultant. Mobile sites & basic iPhone Apps. Technical support experience at the University. Freelance & corporate experience since 2005.
Databases:Sybase (w/SPRs), MySQL. Exposure to: SQL, PROGRESS, PostgreSQL
Environments/Servers:Mercurial (source control), Windows, Macintosh, Unix (terminal environment), Apache Past/Exposure: Git, IIS, Webspeed, Subversion
Applications:Joomla (Open source CMS), Gimp (like Photoshop), Wordpress, DreamWeaver, Zend IDE, Safari, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Macromedia Homesite, Eclipse, Firefox, IE, Chrome, & more
Other:W3C standards, cross browser testing, accessibility, table-LESS design, some search engine optimization (SEO), information architecture, publishing, graphic manipulation, familiarity with e-commerce (online shopping buying/selling), basic hardware, & more
Skills & ServicesThe advantage of working with me is that I
- Have professional experience as a web developer - You're getting quality.
- Value web standards - I carefully build with technical design, clean code, user friendliness, and accessibility in mind.
- I will not simply throw together images & text, then call it a "website", nor throw together code, then call it a "web app"-- there are A LOT of important technical considerations that make a website or web app useful for you and your visitors.
- If you're not technical, don't worry, I will speak to you in "plain English" so you can understand what you are getting. :)
Please contact me for further information, or quote. Feedback is welcome. Website package details are available, but because each client and project is unique, your needs are evaluated before an estimate.
- Create websites from scratch or redesign an existing one.
- Set up existing applications, (e.g. CMS, modules).
- Build web applications that interact with users
- Database driven applications
- Build from scratch or add to existing applications
- Need a Facebook Page, MySpace, LinkedIn, Picasa Web? I can set one up for you.
Basic Graphic Work
Services below are for website work only. (I currently don't offer photography service for print or posters, but for sites I create for you). I also have friends who specialize in photography, print, graphic design, etc, so you are welcome to ask who I can recommend you to. :)
- Taking photos for website
- Enhancements to images
- Simple graphic creations (buttons, banners)
- Scan photos, convert between formats, crop, resize, etc
Search Engine Submission
- This is the only way your website will show up in search results in search engines such as Google or Yahoo.
- I can submit to any specific ones you'd like, or I will submit to a few popular ones.
Basic Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Basic techniques to help search engines better crawl your site. The world wide web has millions of websites. SEO may help your users find you on the web, increase users and visibility to the web.
*Note that there's no gaurantee on search engine rankings.
- updates to content on websites site like text or image
- fix bugs
- Help finish client projects that you need some extra help or guidance on
- Tutor or teach you more about a web technology (for example, scripting language, or how to go about to resolving an issue)
Good practice creates a quality website, reaches wider audience, increases accessibility, which also helps search engines crawl your site better. It's important to understand that the visually & audibly impaired, may use your website too, (using special tools). Users use different browsers too (e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari).
If there are other web services not listed here that you were wondering about, please contact me and I'd be happy to answer inquires you may have.
I have friends who specialize in photography, graphic design, social media, print, SEO, if you need me to recommend you to someone.